Before you purchase a used car it is a good idea to perform a pre purchase used car inspection to determine if there are any issues with your perspective new vehicle. This is a service Zima Automotive offers.
The inspection will include basic items including mechanical, safety, and appearance, such as the vehicles:
- Body condition
The inspection will include a road test and computerized engine analysis to verify that it is not producing any engine computer codes.
Here Are Some Of The Other Items We Look For:
- Body – General inspection of the condition of the car including dents, scratches, and dings. We will note if there is body damage or indications of rust.
- Windows and Mirrors – We will note any chips or cracks in windshield, rear window, side windows, side mirrors and rear view mirrors.
- Wipers – Check the wiper assemblies work and that the blades are in good repair for the front window and the rear window if the vehicle is equipped with a rear wiper blade.
- Tires and wheels – Tires contribute to safety and fuel economy. Some items we will note, are all the wheels the same size, type, brand and age? We will also measure the tire tread.
- Under the hood – look for oil leaks, exhaust leaks, and exhaust smoke.
- Operation of the doors handles, doors and trunk.
- Are there any odors of smoke or mildew?
- Sound system – test the radio, speakers, CD player.
- Upholstery and Flooring – look at condition of the seats, carpeting, headliner.
- Trunk – inspect the carpeting and verify that the necessary tools, jack, and spare tire are present.
- Lights and other Electric controls: Verify that the headlights, high beams, tail lights, brake lights, parking lights, turn signals are all functioning properly
- Other Electric Controls – Check the operation of air conditioner & heater, electric door locks, electric windows, sunroof, and electric seat controls.
- Other Interior items if equipped – check the glove box, hood release, power port, USB port, headrests, door panels, and vanity mirrors.
- If equipped with keyless entry system does it function properly
- Horn, gas cap, other items installed on the car
TEST DRIVE TO EVALUATE PERFORMANCE
- Do all the gauges operate– speedometer, fuel gage, temperature gage or warning lamp, and oil pressure.
- Brake system – brakes grabbing noise, vibration
- Engine or acceleration noise
- Starting ease or noise
- Steering – drifting, pulling, or squeaking
- Transmission – shift quality, smoothness vs slipping
- Temperature and performance of the engine while operating
- Transaxle noise
- Drive axle or CV joint noise
Results Of A Pre Purchase Car Inspection
Now that you have your pre purchase car inspection, this is how it can help you.
- A trouble free, good report will make both the buyer and seller feel more at ease with the transaction.
- A report that demonstrates some minor flaws can be used to negotiate a lower price. Or the seller can repair the issues before the sale is completed.
- While a bad report, might make you reconsider the purchase or renegotiate a much lower price, or at a minimum, know what problems you are purchasing.
When you’re about to purchase a car, it is important that the vehicle has no major internal or external problems. At Zima Automotive in Springfield Ohio we provide pre-purchase inspections for this reason! Contact us at 937-343-3911 when you’re ready for an inspection.