Signs You Need Steering Repairs
When problems arise with your steering system, you may notice the following symptoms:
- Difficulty turning the wheel back and forth
- Excessive play in the steering wheel
- Minimal response while turning the wheel
- The car pulls to one side while holding the wheel straight
- Vibrations through the steering wheel or seat
- Grinding or screeching noises while turning
If you go to top off the power steering fluid and notice any foam or discoloration, that’s also a surefire sign that your car needs steering repairs.
No matter what symptoms you notice, if your car feels different than usual, it’s time to get it into the shop. Otherwise, you could end up without control of your vehicle, putting you at risk of an accident.
Most Common Types Of Steering Issues
- Worn rack and pinion
- Damaged power steering belt
- Power steering fluid leak
- Power steering pump failure
- Electrical short affecting the steering